HOLY WEEK AND GOOD FRIDAY, 10 April 2020
ISAIAH Ch. 53.
JOHN Ch. 17.
John Ch. 18 and 19.
At Easter we normally focus mostly on Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday but forget to pause in the stillness of the rest of the days of the Holy Week. In our present lockdown due to Coronavirus we are given the opportunity of more time to read the Bible, meditate and pray, to prepare ourselves for the greatest mystery and miracle of our Christian faith: the RESURRECTION. Explore, then, the treasure that awaits you in your time and place of quiet surrender. Don’t rush through the space called “between”.
Christian Theology teaches us through the Bible that Jesus Christ was the one and only good GOD-MAN. His death offered the proper atoning sacrifice for SIN. Only through Him can our sin be forgiven. When we BELIEVE and CONFESS Jesus as our SAVIOUR and LORD, He washes away our sin and restores our proper standing with God. GOD’S MERCY gives salvation potential and we can obtain the reward of EVERLASTING LIFE by Jesus Christ.
- the World during this pandemic disaster,
- Her Majesty the Queen and the Royal Family, our Government and all the Leaders of the world for taking the right decisions,
- medical doctors and nurses, care workers and all on whom supplies, order and safety rely,
- the comfort and healing for all those affected by Covid-19,
- Christians and all who turn to the Lord in these testing times,
- loved ones separated by distances, quarantine or death,
- a Blessed Easter for us all!
THE LORD’S PRAYER: … Our Father who art in heaven…
MAY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST LISTEN TO OUR PRAYERS AND FREE US FROM ALL THE EXCRUCIATING SUFFERINGS.
LET HIS FORGIVENESS, MERCY AND GRACE BE RICHLY GIVEN TO ALL OF US!